At Pear Tree Community Junior School, our vision is develop children who are independent learners who show pride, passion and perseverance. They consistently show the skills of the Pear Tree Super Hero Code through their attitudes to learning; showing they are ready, respectful and responsible.
In December 2020 we achieved our Bronze School Mental Health Award from the Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools. This demonstrates our commitment to supporting and developing pupils' wellbeing. We are now in the process of taking actions to achieve our Gold Award.
Promoting the wellbeing of our pupils happens all around the school each day and every day through universal support at wave one. This includes:
- The meet and greet and modelling of expectations by staff
- Through formal and informal interactions between pupils and staff
- High expectations of pupil and behaviour and engagement in learning
- Positive praise and encouragement for all pupils, including the use of MarvellousMe.
- The use and sharing of whole school rules, recognition boards and PEAR T Promise Time and daily acts of mindfulness
- A varied offer off support and activities for pupils at lunch
- Delivery of assemblies focussing on our expectations and values
- Use of a values led curriculum
- The use of well-being ambassadors
We offer support for groups of pupils to support their social and emotional development through the use of Targeted Support at wave two. This includes:
- Development of pupil leaders to improve leadership and self confidence
- Use of school council
- Access of enrichment opportunities for all pupils
- Wellbeing provision e.g. small group work, daily check ins
- Whole school reward events
- Recognition awards at the end of each half term
- Opportunities to represent the school in a range of sporting and learning activities
- A range of free clubs
Specialised support at wave three is also offered to pupils who require more bespoke support to meet their social and emotional needs. This includes:
- 1-1 provision
- Identified key workers
- Regular weekly/daily/meetings with parents
- Individual provision maps and timetables
- Individual reward charts
- Bespoke wellbeing provision
- Small group and individual social groups
- Outcome focussed activities (focusing on the development of social skills)
At Pear Tree Community Junior School , we believe that if needs are met then learning happens.