Progress so far
This academic year we have been focussing on the Children's Charter which emphasises that every child should have a voice. This links in with the work produced by Children's Parliament which is a focus of Transform Trust.
School Council have definitely found their voices and have worked on the following projects this year:
- Anti-bullying assemblies written and performed by School Council
- Pupil voice asking classes how they would like to celebrate Diwali and taking part in Diwali dance workshops
- Producing a video about the Pear Tree Superhero code
- Looked at the Eco - questionnaire and decided how they would like school to become a more healthy place
- Developed an action plan to promote healthy eating at lunch time and are looking at making school dinner choices more healthy
- Worked alongside Children's Parliament when action planning - Children's Parliament also have an eco focus and are looking how to develop the school grounds
Autumn term - let's take action!