Finance & Administration Assistant
Grade: Scale Point 11 – FTE £17,007 – Actual £11,867
Hours: 30 hrs per week – 10.00 – 4.30 Monday to Friday
The Governors of Pear Tree Community Junior School are seeking to appoint a temporary, part time, Finance & Admin Assistant to cover maternity absence.
In this interesting and varied role you will undertake a range of duties in order to provide parents with an efficient and effective admin service. Due to the ethnic diversity at the school we would ideally be looking for someone able to help with Slovak / Polish translation.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an effective communicator with all members of the school community
- Have the ability to collect, reconcile and bank money accurately in compliance with finance policies and procedures
- Be able to assist with clerical tasks including filing, post distribution, photocopying, etc
- The ability to work with others to achieve objectives and provide excellent customer service is essential
- Be flexible in their approach with a welcoming disposition
- Be able to assist in Slovakian / Polish translation
At Pear Tree Community Junior School, we can offer:
- A team of talented professionals who have exceptionally high expectations,
- Friendly and motivated children who enjoy school life,
- A supportive and friendly community of parents and Governors,
- A wide range of professional development opportunities,
- A well-resourced and innovative setting
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and have been arranged for Thursday 31st January at 10am and again at 4pm. Please contact the school office to confirm which time you would prefer.
Completed applications, questions or queries should be directed to Jackie Ozmen at Pear Tree Community Junior School, Pear Tree Street, Derby. DE23 8PN. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: 01332 760610
Pear Tree Community Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical and enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 7th February at 4pm
Shortlisting: Friday 8th February 2019
Interviews: Thursday 14th February 2019